Tuesday, August 7, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I thought about calling you early this morning to sing Happy Birthday to you but I woke up late and then had to hurry and get Cy and Dakota off to school. While we waited for the bus, Josie decided to go swimming in her little pool. She had on her long footed pj's. That didn't stop her. So then we had to go in and take a bath and by that time the early morning phone call was forgotten. Until I called Chan and she said we would bring you by cake later today and stay and watch you eat it. To make sure you ate it.

Here is my imitation of Dad:
So the kids school started this stamp sheet, if they don't get all yes stamps then they stay after school. Only the school says if they do they get released early, just a clever way to disguise detention. They also have an agenda and reading log to sign every day.

Dakota calls me yesterday afternoon from school crying saying she has to stay after. WHAT!!!! You do not make my little girl stay after. I ask her why. She says I forgot to sign the agenda. Mind you that is not the rule, the staying after is only for the stamp sheet. Let me talk to your teacher. Blah Blah. Yes I guess I forgot to sign her agenda, never mind I signed the stupid stamp sheet and her reading log. Okay, She will stay.

Then I place a phone call to....yes the asssssst. principal. I am calling to complain about the way you are handling the stamp sheet, stay after school, call it what you want but it is still after school detention. I am HOT!!! (and angry)
My girl who is very responsible and tender hearted has detention today because I forgot to sign her agenda. I don't think she should be punished for something I forgot to do. And it was her agenda not the stamp sheet. I was classic Dad, I told him if it happened again I would just pick her up from school and she would not have detention.

Of course the asss principle would look into this and they should only be held after school for the stamp sheet, this was the first he had heard about the agenda , Blah blah blah. You can guarantee it this happens again, you will hear from me.
So does this sound familiar? Clearly I was in the right. So I did one last irrational thing.... I signed everyday for this coming week on her agenda and then wrote that I see her agenda everyday. That one may come to bite me on the butt. Oh well

But I digress....Hope you have a Happy Birthday Mom and I love you. If I had Cheas talent with pics and Wendy's talent and fast internet connection I would post pics of you, but I don't so just imagine.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

If you really want to know how I got to your blog e-mail me (sheritrezise@aol.com) - it's too long to put in the comments. Tell your mom "Happy Birthday". She is one of the sweetest people I've ever known.

Chea said...

you are clearly a rational being. and just so you know I was first to wish mom happy bday.

Rose said...

yes but did you on your blog, for the world to see? I think not!

wendy said...

the early bird gets the worm... yes, you did post first. but the last the best of all the game(me).