Thursday, August 23, 2007

Emma and no its not the Jane Austen movie


Last night for mutual we took our girls to the visitor center to watch the new Joseph Smith movie. Where do I start? What an amazing movie, even though I knew how it was going to end.(Okay no more humor this is serious)

I was struck by how much sadness and heartache Emma had to endure. The faith she must have had. To know your husbands life was costantly in danger and you could lose him anytime and then to lose so many of your own children, while your husband could save others he couldn't save yours. (Yes I have seperation issues and death ones)

She was amazing. And then to watch him leave and know he was not coming back, I was sobbing in the theatre. I am grateful for the prophet and for the things he endured also, but I don't think he would be half the man were it not for the love and unwavering faith of his devoted wife, Emma.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Emma gets such a bad wrap. I have a hard time imagining everything she went through - I don't think I could have been as selfless and supportive as she was.

Ryan Brijs said...

Nice post! Random facts, Emma and Joseph were married for 16 years and moved 15 times during their married and of course she lost 5 children. So sad but such a great movie.