Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hi my name is Heidi and I'm a rescuer

I got another phone call from the school today. Dakota has extended school day, just another word for after school detention. She didn't finish filling out her word search. Of course she is crying and I talk to her teacher again. So I tell Dakota don't cry I'll come pick you up early.
I get to the school and her teacher just happens to be at the front desk. So I tell her I need Dakota, she'll be going home. Her teacher walks away and about five minutes later she returns, no Dakota. She informs me that Dakota will have extended day tomorrow then. (Don't threaten a crazy lady, she has nothing to lose) So I promptly tell her " Well I'll just pick her up tomorrow and every day after that." And me and my people will be waiting for you in the school yard after school. ( I didn't really say that but it did cross my mind.)
Teacher: I'll have to report that to the vice principal, I have to cover myself
Me: Tell whoever you have to - She doesn't know he and I already have a relationship, thanks to Cy. Another blog story.

The teacher comes back and says she left a message with him. Great, I look foward to talking to him. Finally Dakota comes down and tells me her teacher told her the same thing. She has all day school tomorrow. Don't worry Dakota Mommie Dearest will take care of everything. The thing that really gets me is I sit down every night to do homework with her. We sit at the table for what seems like all night, while she does homework and talks and talks.

Apparantly her teacher doesn't know that to the untrained eye I may appear to be a normal parent, but I am really insane, irrational and out for blood.
I'll let you know how it all works out tomorrow.

5 comments:

Angie said...

HEIDI!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with retarded people. Poor Dakota! I am not looking foward to the day Seth goes to school. And you are right they don't know who they are dealing with....on the other hand I got to experience it first hand...4 days at camp and 3 nights sharing a tent with the "crazy lady" (your not by the way) can do it to ya!!! "Hey...no no no...we are not moving...girls sit down" haha...get em Heidi!

wendy said...

I wonder where you learned these coping skills from.

Sheri said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and wish I had more gumption (like you).

Emily said...

I love this story! I hate when teachers are pointlessly stubborn, or stubborn for the sake of a power-trip. One of my students wanted to argue with me about whether or not he was swearing in class. I just said, "Look, you probably don't even remember that you said it. I doubt you thought about it. I'm not going to send you to the office about it. I'm only going to remind you to try and not say it in my class. Why worry?" I'm not sure he knew what to do with himself after that. What is it about boys?

wendy said...

i hope you're not getting a complex because my three funny things have all been about you.