Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mr. Jack-o-lantern is very round and fat


Do you remember that song? He has a yellow candle right beneath his hat. What about "What do you want to be on Halloween night? A witch or a goblin or a ghost? What do you want to be well don't tell me. Wait till Halloween and let me guess." I have the tape for those who are interested in a trip done memory lane. Like 20 years ago.
Anyways for FHE we carved pumpkins. We gutted them, and saved the seeds to cook. Josie couldn't wait and ate the guts, but spit out the seeds. The kids had alot of fun and want to do another one next week. They are from left to right- Cy, Josie and Dakota.

5 comments:

wendy said...

wow, josie is so talented at such a young age:) help me out, I can't remember the name of the tape you were singing.

{Frances} said...

wow i think Cy is the one with a little hidden talent!

Arnett's said...

I love carving pumpkins and even more I love the seeds. I ate the seeds from like 20 pumpkins last year. Dont reccomend it. You kids pumpkins are so good! They got skillz. I think we could have figured out whos was whos. Josie has a small hand, Dakota is always sweet so naturally hers would have star eyes, and Cy is a boy... thus scary face. Where is yours ?

Angie said...

HEY HEIDI! How the heck are you doing? THis is angie by the way. So we finally made it to Idaho. I miss my calling already. I'll have to email you the pictures I took of them at the clipboard activity so you guys will have them if you need them for anything. CUTE pumpkins....how fun. Tell all the girls I said hi! ok and note to heidi....change angie's blog address to

happydayhappyday.blogspot.com

if you want. Hope all is going good!

CharlotteandHannah said...

I just google "Mr. Jack O Lantern..." and your blog came up. I sing this song to my grandkids every year. Also, "Halloween cat, Halloween cat, why do you mew and mew like that? Neither I nor the moon like your tune, SCAT, halloween cat!" I wish I could find a copy of the book this came from.