Friday, May 2, 2008

We are the Champions

Cy participated in "The Battle of the Books" last night. It was the district finals. For those of you who don't know what this is let me explain, no it is to much let me sum up. In December I think, they were given a list of books to read, like 10-15. Then at the battle they were asked questions about the books and the team with the most points won. Last night they had 10 rounds. Now those of you who know Cy know how competitive he is, yet also a good sport.
He could hardly sit down the whole time, one of the librarians had to constantly tell him to sit down, calm down ect. Before this Cy told me all he wanted to do was win so he could present the principal with the big trophy to put in the trophy case at school.
It was about an hour and a half, and yes he team came in first. He was so excited and proud. But of course, he went around to all the teams and shook their hands and told them "good job". Some of the kids looked at him like what do you want me to do?
So he now has a big trophy for home and was able to give the pricipal the big trophy for the trophy case. I am so proud of him! He would read every night one of the assigned books and also his own book- Warrior Cat is his current favorite.
I couldn't keep it all straight, like I told Wendy one time. She asked if I had read some book and told me the title and author and what it was about. I told her yeah I probably read it but it was by a different author.

2 comments:

Jeff and Elise said...

Congrats to Cy, what a cutie! And I love your reference to Princess Bride!!

Christy said...

I wonder if Chase is going to be just like Cy in this area too??? Seeing as he seems to be following in his foot steps. Send me your blog address so I can mark you. Mine is: http://clemzclozet.blogspot.com
I found a couple places this afternoon and took some photos of Chase, they turned out OK. he cleaned up pretty good.