Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good Times

We spent a lovely Labor Day weekend up in Flagstaff, with Wendy. Friday was full of Goodwill weigh by the pound, Savers, and Eric's. Cy and Reed spent their time watching tv and Dakota of course with the adults and Blue alternating between the boys and Josie and Beau.
Saturday Papa showed up around 9 am, which was unexpected but fortunate for us. We of course left him to watch tv(cable) and the youngins. We went to Target for what I don't know and I can't really remember what else we did. But I do remember a conversation that was had with Chea where I learned a new word. I was asking her when and if she was coming up. We wanted to go downtown but if she was coming we would wait for her. She said we should go and then when she came we could go again, because she didn't want to go to any woodcutter stores. OKaaaaaaay, any woodcutter stores? Because Wendy and I have a fetish for saws? What do you mean woodcutter stores. Wendy of coures offered an explanation,( Blue does speak a foriegn language). You mean granola or tree hugger store. Yeah those. Again, because Wendy and I are granola's? We would wait for her to come.

Now Sunday was a treat it should almost have its own blog. Chea decided that we should make a memory (all of us up there). First it was go downtown to the art show, then to an arboretum, then Sunset Crater the list goes on and on. We must make a memory. We, well technically her and Wendy agreed upon Walnut Canyon. Okay, we'll go. Now I was expecting to look down on a canyon eat some walnuts go to a gift shop and call it good. We loaded into three different cars and head to Walnut Canyon. We get there and you hike down the canyon, which incidentally there are no walnuts anywhere. And then you hike back up. I'm all for memory making and such, but hiking. Oh there are stairs you climb down, then up. Oh thats better as I didn't bring any other shoes but flops. We start down, not bad then I see people coming up and they look like they're breathing alittle heavy. We get half way down and my legs are shaking,now to my credit so are a few other peoples and I am carrying Josie.

After a few picture memories thanks to Chea, which I hope she will post on her blog. Hint Hint. We head back up. At this point I'm thinking why did we choose this memory. After some huffing and puffing and Chea running the last steps with Josie, yes Josie. We made it to the top. Good times, good memories. We all were alittle red in the face and I personally felt like a salt lick, but we headed home.

Yes I am almost done. The adults went to a sushi place for lunch. Now Dad hates Japanese food, but he was a good sport. I think he was hoping they had catfish. Of course Chea, Wayne, Chan and Lee all ordered sushi. Some flying spider stuff, some Las Vegas show girl stuff and various other dead, non cooked fish. Apparantly its good, me I can't get past the raw fish thing. Chea said just pretend its cooked.(She is a big fan). Well the thing is....... I already know its not and I can't pretend otherwise. I think the highlight of the meal, as there were many, but I will leave something for the others to post, was when Dad asked the waiter for some butter for his rice. Butter you say, yes butter. No we do not have any butter, maybe some oil or something but no butter.
I think I'll stop for now and go find my pics that Chea took of my beautiful kids and post them later. Something for you to look foward to.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ok so still contemplating the crazy craft lady thing...but couple of problems...need not only a crazy lady....but a crazy lady that does crafts! Neither of which I am/have. Just a teeney problem. Just kidding. I'm seriously thinking about it but i need to first see who wants to even do it...then figure out what craft they want to do...and so the list goes on. Oh and the hutch...not for me...he's going to try and sell it when he's done. Believe me I would love to have it even though I already have one...i could definately find a use for it ;) Oh and I'm probably going to be in big trouble with you know who. I was sick as a dog all weekend...didn't make it to clean the church and showed up for church and had to leave before the sacrament was even passed. So do you know if the combined activity is here at my house tomorrow night or not? I know I should call to ask you this but since I was already here I would just ask. Ok so hope you had fun reading my little essay here.

Sheri said...

I'm with you on the sushi.