Friday, September 7, 2007

This little piggy..

For activity day yesterday, we were going to make this cute little piggy banks out of little aquapod water bottles. Wendy said they were going to do it for theirs. Cute idea but no real instructions, like do you paint the pig with paint, how do you get things to stick ect. How hard could it be?
The girls seem to enjoy painting the water bottles, oh yeah first I made them drink the water and then they could paint. I guess I didn't take into account the drying time. Oh well. Next we tried to glue on pipe cleaner ears and tails, and googly eyes. Now glue is a tricky thing. If you have the right kind everything works out, the wrong kind and its a disaster. No I did not use hot glue,although it may have worked out better. I had a clear all purpose stick to everything glue, everything except painted plastic. By the end all the eyes and tails had fallen off and they were left with a bad preschool project. A pink painted water bottle. It's okay 'cause they had more popcorn and vacumned up the mess. It seems to be their favorite part the vacumning. Maybe next time we'll just vacumn the church.

1 comment:

Angie said...

ok so apparently you left messages for me??? Spencer was a little late on the "relaying the message" you can thank him for that! sorry. I'm doing better ;) you don't have to worry about me ;)

The piggy bank thing is a cute idea. My sister and I made some awhile back we saw them on Martha stewart. She/We used pink paper for the body, cork screw?/plugs? for the feet and scrap pink paper for the ears. They turned out cute but I don't know how long they would hold up with activity girls. So ya that's what we did...not that it matter now that it's over ;) See ya on Sunday!!