Tuesday, February 19, 2008

3 day weekend

We went to NM this weekend. On the way over we went the long way (thru Tucson instead of Showlow) There was a winter advisory? It rained all thru Tucson, we were headed toward Benson, all of a sudden traffic slows way down. I'm thinking great we'll wait here forever and won't get to NM until 3 in the morning. We left at 5'oclock that afternoon. At the little hill you climb before you get to Benson is where we slowed. I see something that looks like a snow plow, so I call Wendy and ask her to check the internet. Next thing you know they are scrapping the road, thats the reason for the slow down. Now how many honestly knew it snowed in Benson, not me I mean its southern AZ. Wendy informed me that yes it does snow there, it is a high elevation. Thanks for the geograpy lesson. We had no trouble until T or C. it started snowing. Now its dark, about 12:30 and the snow is coming directly into my eyes. Thats what it looked like, if I looked at it it made me dizzy and I felt like the road was moving and I stood still.
So we made it, and the next morning Fletcher took us up the mountain so they could sled down. I of course got out of the truck for the obligatory 15 min. recorded some video then sat in the truck till they were done. What?? It was cold outside and I don't like getting wet, and the one that trumps them all I learned from my dad. I'll take the baby, Josie was cold and wanted to wait in the truck also.

2 comments:

wendy said...

isn't that awful that we can't enjoy the snow! I'm glad that I can blame it on hereditaryness(not sure of the word?). I thought I was just being bah humbug about it.

Chea said...

its called snow gear. you should try it. who doesnt like a snow bunny outfit